About Bernardo Perez
For over 40 years, Bernardo Perez has proudly served the City of Moorpark and Ventura County. As a youth sports coach, community volunteer, and elected official, Bernardo has passionately given back to the community he loves. Since 2010, he has represented District 4 on the Ventura County Community College District (VCCCD) Board of Trustees, where he advocates for Moorpark College’s students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, Bernardo serves on the Advisory Committee Legislation and the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Task Force for the California Community College League, ensuring our region’s interests are advanced in statewide policymaking. Bernardo also served twelve years on the Moorpark City Council, including a term as Mayor of Moorpark.
Bernardo currently supports the community by serving with the Adventist Health Simi Valley Hospital Foundation, the High Street Arts Center in historic downtown Moorpark, Moorpark Complete Count Committee Census 2020, the Workforce Education Coalition, Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance, Knights of Columbus Council 9969, and House Farmworkers!
Bernardo also supported our community by serving on the Moorpark Chamber of Commerce, Ventura County Workforce Development Board, United Way of Ventura County, HOME Housing Task Force, Ventura County Living Wage Coalition, Ventura Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), Archdiocese of Los Angeles Justice and Peace Commission, BRAC-95 Task Force and as a classroom volunteer for his children and grandchildren.
Previously, Bernardo worked as a Project Manager with the Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation from 1996 to 2016. Prior to that, he worked for the City of Los Angeles’ Department of Water and Power for three decades as a public employee and proud union member (IBEW Local 18 and Engineers & Architects Association).
Bernardo and his wife, Victoria, have been married for 51 years and are the proud parents of two grown daughters and a son. They love and enjoy their six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren!
Continuing as your Trustee, Bernardo is committed to:
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of our students, faculty, classified staff – and their families – during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Enhance programs and services to ensure student access and success. This includes dual enrollment programs that empower high school students to earn college credit.
- Maintaining and ensuring the fiscal integrity of the District including Moorpark College in this economic recession.
- Preparing our students and workforce for the changing job market.
- Preparing our District and Moorpark College for full participation in the eventual economic recovery.